B.Tech*/M.Tech programs in flexible time shifts** (2023 Batch) | *For lateral entry only.|Last Date of Registration 25th Sep. 2023
Part Time Programs designed exclusively for Working Professionals
01. The current era is experiencing a remarkable progression in technology and swift transformations in work practices throughout various industries. This has significantly influenced the employment market and led to increased intricacy in managing tasks. As a result, jobs are becoming more reliant on specialised skills.
02. In today's context, industries anticipate that new hires have practical skills, while many young individuals and job seekers have primarily acquired theoretical knowledge through traditional education systems.
03. As a result, collaborations between universities and industries are essential for working professionals to continue their education so that they can bridge the gap between academic and industry requirements. Additionally, the newly announced education policy by the Ministry of Education (MOE) emphasises the need to develop pedagogies for continuing education in the field of engineering as well, that integrate with the industry and provide practical experience, ensuring that students are ready for the workforce upon completion of their learning programs.
04. Shri Venkateshwara University has introduced engineering courses under School of Engineering (SOE) in the flexible time shifts which are thoughtfully crafted to emphasise industry practices and tailored to work requirements. The program provides learners with opportunities to bridge the gap between theory and practical applications within their workplace.
05. The programs offered by the School of Engineering (SOE) for working professionals are designed to cater to the upskilling needs of industry professionals, offering chances to engage with local industries and industry mentors. This helps students prepare academically while gaining exposure to industry practices.
06. The SOE's learning pedagogy is based on the concept of learning by doing. This enables students to identify their learning needs, which they can later share with academic resources available at the university and discuss with experts from collaborative industries.
07. Internships and on-the-job training are essential components that facilitate the acquisition of skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in competitive job markets. Consequently, SOE offers a vast array of opportunities to learn new concepts with the latest IT tools and practices utilised in various industries, while also exposing students to emerging trends and global practices.
08. SOE adopts a blended approach to work-integrated learning, which is carried out with the same level of rigour as on-campus programs. It comprises a significant component of synchronous instruction and utilises the latest educational technologies.
Your Future,Our Mission
Why this programme?
Access to continuing higher education in engineering with job.
" Learning in flexible time shifts”.
Mentorship by Academic & Industry Professionals.
Industry Oriented Curriculum.
Develop awareness of current industrial issues & relevant global challenges.
Develop leadership qualities with enhanced knowledge of the domain.
Develop multiple perspectives & a pluralistic approach.
Participate in Applied Research Projects.
Develop entrepreneurship behaviour.
First-hand exposure to industry practices.
Career opportunities in a genuine business environment.
Soft skills enhancement & advancement of theoretical knowledge.
A big boost in the prospects for employment.
Networking opportunities with relevant professionals.
Make big positive impacts by offering effective solutions to real-life problems.
Get first-hand experience to workplace culture.
Get exposure to manage decisions for your future career decisions.
Enhanced awareness of current industrial issues & relevant global challenges.
“Learning cannot be considered an automatic outcome of experiences alone. Instead, it requires a deliberate engagement with an experience to facilitate effective experiential learning.”
Objectives of the Programme
Develop technologists who possess the skills to lead various organisational functions that require the application of working knowledge in diverse areas, in order to effectively address the needs of customers and society.
The knowledge gained from the program will enable students to develop and implement innovative technological solutions to address industrial problems.
The program aims to enhance communication skills, enabling students to effectively interact as members of cross-functional teams. Additionally, it instils values of professional responsibility and a commitment to ethical action.
The program is designed to build and nurture the knowledge, skills, and aptitude necessary for long-term career growth, empowering participants to take on higher responsibilities in the workplace.
The program provides the necessary conceptual foundation and contextual understanding of real-world applications that enable learners to enhance workplace performance and distinguish themselves from their peers for growth opportunities.
Student Learning Outcomes
After successfully completing the program, the learners will:
Know how to apply the fundamentals and principles of Management and Engineering in specific domains.
Be able to work on small and medium level projects successfully using both financial and technical perspectives of the domain.
Be a part of a team within their domain and also be able to effectively communicate across different sectors.
The engineering courses offered a comprehensive intellectual foundation in contemporary technologies, emphasising relevant engineering fundamentals and their application in related fields.
To enrol in a course, a student must have a minimum of two years of full-time work experience in a registered firm, company, industry, educational or government autonomous organisation in the relevant field for which admission is sought.
The engineering courses offered to working professionals are in flexible time shifts that comply with the norms specified by the AICTE in the Approval Process Handbook, which is released periodically.
Live and interactive classes are conducted during weekdays (in the evening time), on weekends, and holidays in the flexible time shifts. After the completion of classes, recorded lectures are accessible through the Learning Management System (LMS) for unlimited viewing. Labs are conducted every Saturday at the campus, and alternatively, virtual simulations are conducted and can be accessed through virtual and remote modes with the help of simulations.
The practicals can be accessed 24*7 through virtual and remote labs that incorporate simulations to provide an experience similar to real-time scenarios.
The performance of students is continuously monitored and accessed through a range the learning process. This includes various components such as sessional examinations, quizzes, assignments, practical sessions, and semester examinations. The results of these assessments are shared with the students to help them track their performance and progress in the program.
The program is designed to stimulate and enhance the technical skills and knowledge required for the modern engineering industry.
This programme is specifically designed to provide an interactive learning experience through the implementation of innovative solutions.